STUDIO POLICIES DURING COVID-19:
Studio 1 and Studio 2 have been scheduled 15 minutes apart in class start times to avoid cohort crossover. We have installed commercial air purifiers with Hepa filters in all classrooms. We have placed touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the studio. Windows and doors will be open during classes for increased fresh airflow. Professional cleaning will take place daily with teachers cleaning between all classes. All classes will end 5 mins early and start 5 mins late for routine sanitizing.
WAITING ROOMS: All waiting rooms are closed to parents and visitors. Parents with a young dancer, please wait in your car during class.
ARRIVAL: 5 minutes prior to class. Wearing their mask, students will use the main entrance door and immediately sanitize hands and be ready for class. Children under the age of six will be allowed one parent to drop them off inside the lobby for class if needed, otherwise, please walk them to the entrance and we will escort them to class. Only 4 parents at a time in the RISE lobby; only 3 parents in Fanny Blair lobby. ALL PARENTS MUST WEAR MASKS.
- Students must bring their own water in a spill-proof container with their name on it.
- Students must sanitize upon arrival at one of our sanitation stations.
- All belongings (MINIMAL ie, shoes, coat) placed inside studio cubby.
- Label all personal belongings and dance shoes.
- Students must arrive in their dance attire. NO CHANGING AT RISE.
- Bathrooms are open, however, if your dancer is attending only one class we recommend utilizing the restroom prior to arrival at RISE.
- Bathrooms and general studio areas will be sanitized between classes.
- Lobbies are CLOSED to parents and visitors during class.
- NO FOOD will be allowed in the buildings.
- Children not feeling well or experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- Students who seem symptomatic will be dismissed immediately and parents will be contacted for prompt pick up.
MASKS ARE MANDATORY for everyone at all times in the studio. This is to ensure the safety of our students and staff as well. Masks must be breathable, secure, and cover the nose and mouth. Please ensure your students’ masks are fresh and clean. We encourage all students to have an extra mask in their dance bag. We understand that our First Steps and Kinder dancers may have a hard time wearing a mask. We will work with them throughout this process.
DEPARTURE RISE: After class has concluded, students exit through the main entrance and parents wait for them OUTSIDE. Please exit your car and escort your child to your parking space if they are under age 10. Woodland Center has a strict parking lot policy regarding children’s supervision.
DEPARTURE FANNY BLAIR: Students will collect their coat, shoes, and dance bag and exit from the studio door located on the right side of the building to avoid contact with the incoming class. Parents will meet their dancers outside the studio door immediately after class for prompt dismissal.
PARENTS MUST PICK-UP STUDENTS ON TIME.
RISE STUDENT & FACULTY POLICIES:
Dancers or staff experiencing any health/wellness symptoms should not attend class and immediately notify the front office. If they begin to experience symptoms once at RISE, a parent will be notified for immediate pick-up, and any areas where the dancer or staff member has been will be emptied and sanitized immediately.
- Cough/shortness of breath
- Excessive sneezing
- Abnormal fatigue
- Stomach upset
- Dancers or faculty who have been exposed to anyone COVID-19 positive must self-quarantine for 14 days from exposure. Dancers and faculty are not allowed to return to RISE until the 14-day quarantine period is over and they are symptom free.
- Dancers and faculty with a family member that lives in their household who has been exposed to COVID-19 must follow the same self-quarantine procedure above.
- Dancers and faculty who have traveled outside Massachusetts or have been exposed to someone who has traveled outside Massachusetts must follow the guidelines set forth by the state and possibly do a 14-day self-quarantine procedure. The Massachusetts Covid-19 travel order information can be found at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
- All RISE Faculty will wear a face covering while in the studio teaching. Dancers are required to wear a mask at all times.
- In the event that we are required to close in-person classes per the state government or CDC guidelines, we will continue to offer online Zoom classes for all recreational and company classes. Details will be provided should this alternative class method be required at any point throughout the studio dance year.
- In the event we are unable to have a live in-person recital per event regulations from the state government or CDC, we will explore outdoor options. Details will be provided should this alternative take place.
- Our regular tuition policies will remain in place in the event of classes moving to the zoom format.
GENERAL STUDIO POLICIES (PRE-COVID-19):
- Attendance/Tardiness: Students are expected to attend all of their classes on a regular and consistent basis. If a dancer must miss class, please notify the RISE office by email or phone. Poor attendance will be addressed with students and parents as it disrupts the learning curve of the class. RISE Dance Company Members are required to keep 90% attendance. Students will not exit or enter a class without permission once class is in session.
- Make-up Policy: Lessons missed may be made up in an alternate class of the same or lower level in which the student is enrolled. All make-up classes must be taken within the tuition cycle of the missed class or within 3 weeks of the missed class. Excessive absences may affect a student’s participation in performances. Students must sign-in with the instructor before the class they are making up. Make-up lessons are optional but strongly encouraged.
- Dropping Class: If your child no longer wishes to participate, please contact the RISE office immediately. It is important we know of any changes in your dancers schedule as it affects office management and the class a whole.
- Etiquette: Students are expected to arrive to class on time, in proper attire. If a student is continuously tardy, he/she may be asked to change classes to a more convenient time. Students arriving ten minutes late to class will not be permitted to attend that particular class.
- Conduct: RISE maintains a strict zero tolerance policy in regard to physical or verbal abuse, harassment, theft, vandalism and the use of any and all illegal substances. Enrollment of any student found in violation of this policy will be terminated. Refunds will not be considered for students in violation of RISE policy.
- Tuition Policies: Tuition is due on the 1st every other month (September, November, January, March and May).
Accounts with a credit card on file are encouraged. Late tuition payments, without a credit card back-up result in a $30 late fee. Filed credit cards are only charged if a payment is past due or the office is notified.
No refunds or credits will be granted for missed or dropped lessons.
Students with accounts 30 days past due may not participate in class until the account is current.
Hair must be secured tightly away from the face and off the neck. Jewelry is not permitted with the exception of stud earrings.
SEE THE CURTAIN CALL FOR CLASS WEBSITE FOR EXACT PRODUCT DETAILS
- Acro: Black camisole leotard, black dance shorts
- Ballet: Pink tights, black camisole leotard, ballet slippers
- Contemporary: Pink or tan tights, black camisole leotard, contemporary shoes
- Creative Movement: Pink tights, black camisole leotard, ballet slippers
- Hip Hop: Black sweatpants, black dance shorts, RISE T or solid dark colored T, hip hop sneakers (dancers must have the required black camisole leo for the holiday show).
- Jazz: Pink or Tan tights, black camisole leotard, jazz shoes
- Kinder: Pink tights, black camisole leotard, ballet slippers, tap shoes.
- Primary: Pink tights, black camisole leotard, ballet slippers, tap shoes
- Tap: Pink or tan tights, black camisole leotard, tap shoes